* Alice in Sunderland – Bryan Talbot (Jonathan Cape)
* Black Man – Richard Morgan (Gollancz)
* Brasyl – Ian McDonald (Gollancz)
* The Execution Channel – Ken MacLeod (Orbit)
* The Prefect – Alastair Reynolds (Gollancz)
* The Yiddish Policemen's Union – Michael Chabon (Fourth Estate)
Best Short Fiction
* 'Lighting Out' – Ken MacLeod (disLocations; NewCon Press)
* 'Terminal' – Chaz Brenchley (disLocations; NewCon Press)
* 'The Alchemist and the Merchant's Gate' – Ted Chiang (F&SF, September)
* 'The Gift of Joy' – Ian Whates (TQR)
* 'The Sledge-Maker's Daughter' – Alastair Reynolds (Interzone #209)
* 'Cracked World' – Andy Bigwood (cover of disLocations anthology, published by NewCon Press)
* 'H P Lovecraft in Britain' – Les Edwards (cover of chapbook by Stephen Jones, published by the British Fantasy Society)
* 'Lunar Flare' – Richard Marchand (cover of Interzone #211)
* 'Metal Dragon Year' – Kenn Brown (cover of Interzone #212)
BSFA Fiftieth Anniversary Award: Best Novel of 1958
* A Case of Conscience – James Blish (first published by Ballantine)
* Have Spacesuit, Will Travel – Robert A Heinlein (first published in F&SF, August – October 1958)
* Non-Stop – Brian Aldiss (first published by Faber & Faber)
* The Big Time – Fritz Leiber (first published in Galaxy, March/April 1958)
* The Triumph of Time – James Blish (first published by Avon; subsequent UK title A Clash of Cymbals)
* Who? – Algis Budrys (first published by Pyramid)
The BSFA would like to extend its congratulations to all those shortlisted.
Nominations were also invited for the best non-fiction of 2007, but although a number of works were nominated there was no consensus and so no shortlist could be formed. A non-fiction award will therefore not be presented this year.
The awards will be presented on Saturday 22 March 2008, in a ceremony at the British national science fiction convention, Orbital, which will be held at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel (near Heathrow, London). BSFA members and Eastercon members will, as usual, be entitled to vote for the awards.
More information about the BSFA can be found at www.bsfa.co.uk; the shortlists and a full list of nominations submitted for the awards in all categories will be available on the website shortly.